When Lucia Silvestri started working for Bulgari aged just 18, little did she know how far from her native Rome the quest for awe-inspiring stones would take her. Nonetheless, the…
Taylor was as famous for her activism as she was for her acting. Today her grandchildren are making it clear that passion is the greatest inheritance of all. A violet-eyed…
They render men helpless with their powerful sexiness, but how do they do it? Who are the most effective, what are their seduction secrets and was Elizabeth Taylor really the…
Both a classic Hollywood icon and passionate humanitarian, Elizabeth Taylor also loved to spoil the people closest to her. Whether it was diamond earrings, adorable puppies, or her beautiful heart,…
THE NEW YORK TIMES July 21, 2017 FILM SERIES Luminous Stars in a Tale of Ambition ‘A PLACE IN THE SUN’ AT THE METROGRAPH On Monday a screening of…
Whether you’re working hard on that summer bod or haven’t quite started yet, now’s a great time to take a break and indulge—and make the world a better place while…
Click to watch Elizabeth Taylor’s path from actress to activist. The video, narrated by philanthropist, artist, and actress Miley Cyrus, reflects on one of the most unforgettable figures of the big screen, diving into Elizabeth Taylor’s unique and multifaceted fame, and the path that led her to become one of the most powerful activists of all time.
Elizabeth Taylor defined modern celebrity and is considered the last classic Hollywood icon. As such, she continues to captivate and inspire the worlds of fashion, film, and philanthropy today.
A feminist and a trailblazer, Elizabeth Taylor was the first woman to be paid $1 million to appear in a film (“Cleopatra”), was the first celebrity to launch a fragrance brand, and was awarded three Oscars throughout her career. She went on to use her celebrity to stand up and advocate for those affected by the AIDS epidemic, to co-found amFAR and to found The Elizabeth Taylor AIDS Foundation.
Elizabeth Taylor reminds us that our lives are shaped by our passion and our courage to channel every ounce of ourselves into all that we do.
5 OSCAR NOMINATIONS
Elizabeth Taylor is considered one of the last true movie stars to have come out of the Hollywood studio system. After a stellar performance in National Velvet (1944) at just the age of 12, she went on to star in some of the most famous films in Hollywood history. Her natural beauty, flawless acting skills, and famous violet eyes charmed adoring fans in films like Giant (1956), Raintree County (1957), Cat on a Hot Tin Roof (1958), Suddenly, Last Summer (1959), Cleopatra (1963), and Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf? (1966).
Elizabeth Taylor appeared in over 50 films and is hailed as one of the most legendary actresses of all time.
To date ETAF has provided grants to more than 675 organizations in 44 countries and 42 states in the U.S.
- "I don’t entirely approve of some of the things I’ve done, or am, or have been. But I’m me. God knows I’m me." https://t.co/Kw15SZUl7T
- "If you don't have darkness, you don't know light." #ElizabethTaylor - Elizabeth steals a quiet moment on the set o… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1045767191868710912
- "I love to be casual and comfortable, but I also love the easy glamour of wearing jewelry all the time."… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1044360561423777792
- Elizabeth always wanted other people to enjoy her jewelry as much as she did. Now visitors to the Kremlin Museums h… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1039908997787148288
- Today and every day, we salute the people selflessly working on behalf of charitable organizations around the world… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1037420736762261504